Thursday, March 12, 2015

Living the Real Life Fairytale...

Real life... What is that anyway?  Is it what you see on the news feed of Instagram or read about on blogs?  Maybe.  However, I know that when I spend too much time looking through other blogs, surfing Pinterest, and scanning Instagram I start to feel a little less than awesome.  How do all of those women seem to keep their homes in perfect order, have happy shining kids, and never have a hair out of place?  They do all this while being crafty and creative and I bet they have a hot dinner sitting on the table the second their hubby walks through the door.  Ha!  They probably even wear a cute little apron that they sewed themselves and maybe they even serve dinner wearing heels... 

Okay, okay.  Maybe that's NOT real life.  However, for me, THIS is:


Yep.  That's my house.  My four kids pile up garbage next to the trash can.  I don't have a laundry room so my room serves as the place to separate and organize the clothes.  My kitchen is being remodeled and so I have a living room filled with tubs and no way to bake or boil.  I use a skillet and a crock pot most nights to make dinner.  (And no, I don't wear an apron or heels)  In fact, I kneel down on the floor to cook because I have nowhere else to prepare the food.  My bathroom sink serves as a kitchen sink.  All six of us squeeze into one bathroom every night and every morning.  By the time I get to shower there is only ice cold water left.  I know what you are thinking...

Dang! That's glamorous!  Well, you are RIGHT!  It is!

This picture was taken on my property.  This beautiful model is my daughter.  This looks like a fairytale, but it's my life.  I took these pictures just as I got home from being gone all day.  Sophia was in the middle of her schoolwork but the sun was setting and I just couldn't resist making the best of the moment.  I could have made dinner right then.  I could have started another load of laundry.  I could have gone upstairs and started my own homework.  Instead, I took a half hour to play "fairytale" with my daughter who is growing up too fast among the lush grass that will soon be dry and brown. 

Real life isn't always pretty.  It's messy and sticky and loud and CRAZY!  Sometimes real life is far more than beautiful... real life can be breath taking.

I decided today that instead of comparing other people's fairytales to my own that I would just love the one I'm living.  I will smile and I will move forward every single day.  Inside my house you will find piles of laundry, four screaming kids, a wonderful husband, and a lot of love.  What more could I ask for?

Love you like Crazy,
 
Amazeber

No comments:

Post a Comment