Sunday, May 18, 2014

Amber's No Fail Banana Bread

It just doesn't feel like the weekend if I don't bake a little something for my crazies.  Today I whipped up some chocolate banana bread muffins.  For years I used the same ol' banana bread recipe.  I got very tired of it being a little too dry, not quite sweet enough, and simply... less than awesome.  So, one day I tried something a little different and LOVED the outcome.  I tweaked it another time or two until I came up with what I now call my "No Fail Banana Bread."  This bread will be sweet, moist, and delicious. 

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter melted
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup sour cream
3 or 4 soft bananas mashed
3/4 cup chocolate chips

1.)  Mix the butter and sugar together until it is smooth,  add vanilla and eggs and mix again until smooth.
 
2.)  In a separate bowl blend the flour, baking soda, and salt together.  Blend the dry mixture in with the wet. 
 
3.)  Once the flour mixture is mostly incorporated into the batter add the sour cream and mashed bananas.  Once it is well blended together stir in the chocolate chips.
 
4.)  Bake at 350 degrees in a glass bread pan for about 40 minutes or as muffins for about 20 minutes.


This recipe produces a VERY moist bread but my family prefers the muffins because they seem to go farther and make for a wonderful breakfast treat!  I like to double the recipe.  (with four kids enough is never enough)



The next time you have a few bananas that are past their prime, try out this recipe... you won't regret it, and I'm willing to bet that the crazies in your life will LOVE you for it!

Love you like crazy,
 
Amazeber

No comments:

Post a Comment