Friday, May 30, 2014

What my Crazies Have Taught Me...

The other day I was singing a little song to my four-year-old son as I was tucking him into bed.  I hugged him and kissed him, told him that he was important and that I loved him.  When I exited his room I bumped right into my nine-year-old daughter who looked up at me with big beautiful eyes filled with crocodile tears.  When I asked her what was wrong she smiled and said:  "I remember when you used to sing that to me."


This is my Sophia.  This picture was taken when she was only five and had just started kindergarten.  The night this picture was taken I was not at my best.  The kids had been fighting all day, the house was loud, and I was just... DONE.  I wanted them in bed so I could catch my breath.  Sophia kept calling for me to "come and see."  I finally stormed over to find her holding this sign and smiling. (obviously very pleased with her new-found ability to write)  Of all the words that she could have shared with me, these are the ones she chose. 
 
We are charged with the responsibility to raise these little people with love, kindness, and wisdom.  I wonder sometimes though... who is teaching who?
 
Here are some things my crazies have taught me:
 
1.)   My worth is great.
2.)   They ARE listening.
3.)   The little things matter (far more than the big things).
4.)   Red kool-aid smiles take about two days to wash off.
5.)   To FORGIVE... always.
6.)   To laugh at life.
7.)   To Slow down. 
8.)   Crayons melt in the bottom of a purse.
9.)   Raising toddlers requires patience, but raising teenagers requires wisdom.
10.) The past doesn't define us, we control who we become. I became a mother...
11.)  We all need a cheerleader in our corner.
12.)  To stay consistent and decisive.
13.)  How we view ourselves will teach them how to view themselves.
 
 
 
Love you like Crazy,

Amazeber
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment